Amazon Web Services TrainingCertified SysOps Administrator - Associate
30-Hours of Instructor-Led Training – Hands-On Labs – Practical Assignments
Learn how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform and prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Exam
|Batch Pattern||Time||Batch Start||Batch End|
|Mon & Wed (5 Weeks)||7:30 PM to 10:30 PM (CST)||30 July '18||29 Aug '18|
The AWS SysOps Administrator Intensive Training Course is a designed to help you pass the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate Exam with ease. The course is designed to teach those in a Systems Administrator or Developer Operations (DevOps) role how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform and how to monitor and manage systems, applications and infrastructure on a day to day basis.
Validate your ability to:
- Validate technical expertise in deployment, management, and operations on the AWS platform.
- Ensure solutions deployed in the cloud meet performance, high-availability and scalability requirements of the business
- Effectively manage AWS costs and ensure maximum return on investment
Core knowledge gained from this course:
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Migrating an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost-control mechanisms
Live Training Features
Instructor Led Virtual Class
36 Hours of live virtual classroom training. You will be able to interact with your instructor and post question to clear doubts. Your instructor will deliver the training over slides, audio and screen share.
As part of the course, you will be given several assignments to complete between sessions to help you gain practical experience of concepts learnt. You will need to sign up for an AWS Free Tier account to complete assignments. You also need to complete all assignments to receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Access to Class Recordings
Never miss a class with our recorded sessions. Each class gets recorded and is uploaded to the LMS within 24 hours. This means you can access the recordings of any class should you not be able to attend a particular live session.
During the course duration, you can email your instructor with any queries related to the subject matter to clear doubts.
Access the IaaS Academy Exam Simulator with 180 Practice Exam Questions to help you with your exam revision. Gain confidence in tackling AWS Exam questions and identify areas where you might need to study further.
This course allows you to test new skills and apply knowledge to your working environment through a variety of practical exercises.
5-Weeks – 6 hours per week
This course is intended for:
- System administrators
- Software developers, especially those in a Developer Operations (DevOps) role
This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
- Hands-on Labs
You will need to complete a series of assignments between course lectures which you will be required to upload to the LMS. You will only be granted a certificate of completion upon successful completion of all assignments.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended an AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Course or have existing hands-on experience in deploying services on AWS
- Background in either software development or systems administration
- Some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd or PowerShell in Windows)
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
- Monitoring and Reporting – Create, maintain and monitor various metrics on the AWS platform. Perform the steps necessary to remediate based on performance and availability metrics. Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and AWS Trusted Advisor
- High Availability – Implement scalability and elasticity based on use case incorporating Regions and Availability to offer resilience to your workloads in the cloud. Ensure level of fault tolerance based on business needs
- Deployment and Provisioning – Identify and execute steps required to provision cloud resources, incorporate best strategies on how to deploy applications in the cloud that meet best practices and mitigate single points of failure.
- Storage and Data Management – Create and manage data retention, incorporating Amazon S3 and Databases in the cloud. Identify and implement data protection, encryption, and capacity planning needs
- Security and Compliance – Implement and manage security policies on AWS. Implement access controls when using AWS and Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud. Understand the principals of AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Networking – Build functioning virtual private networks (VPNs) with Amazon VPC using the AWS Management Console
- Compute – Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot common problems with instance
- Automation and Optimization – Use core AWS services to build for optimization, scalability and elasticity. Use automation tools such as CloudFormation to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
At the end of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion, subject to having completed all assignments.
7:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Central Standard Time (CST)
Monday & Wednesday Batch
Starts – 30 July 2018
Course Fee – $299
Upon completion of this course, you will automatically be enrolled in our AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Practice Exam Simulator which comes with 180 practice exam question to help you ace the official AWS exams.